Monday, June 11, 2012

sittin on the dock of the baaaayy

It's the 3rd day at my internship, and I'm sitting and waiting for something to do.  and on top of that...another intern has arrived, making us a total of 5 interns...
we probably outnumber the staff.
I mean....i don't know if they're so busy that they can't handle interns right now,
or there's generally nothing for us to accomplish,
but it kinda just feels like we're being a little ignored.
but that gives me more time to write on this blog!
I'm convinced that when we do get work, it will be a thrilling, learning experience.

I spent shabbat with Mushky and her husband. also her brother Moishe and some other cousin from nearby.
It was a 10 minute walk from my hotel, so it was so convenient.  I went to this local Carlebach minyan at Mayanot.  It was amazing.  Invigorating.  Spiritually liberating.
Afterwards, we had a home-cooked meal.  Lots of salads. Soup, homemade challah, chicken, etc. etc. etc.
(watched the king and I this weekend, etc. etc. etc.  cheezzziest/most racist thing ever...can't believe I wasted 2.99 of my iTunes gift card for that piece of...cinema...even tho Yul Brynner is pretty good looking and he does that weird thing with his eyebrows which cracks me up).
I was stuffed like a goose for foie grois preparation.  I got home at about 1:30!

Saturday I slept and read.  I had barely slept the week before, and my sleeping schedule was thrown off cuz of the jetlag, so the weekend hibernation was much welcomed.

Sunday I went to Tel Aviv beach with my PresenTense intern friend, Mendy.  I got tan, ate sunflower seeds, and then we got sushi.

I've been reading "The Source," and I actually made some progress.  It's a very interesting book, although it's weird reading historical fiction when it's written like you should believe it, but it's clearly mostly fabricated.

so, besides the lull in the internship, everything is Sababahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment